Washington County Clerk of Court and Comptroller
Lora C. Bell welcomes you to the official website for the Clerk of the Circuit Court/Comptroller for Washington County. We are located at 1293 Jackson Avenue, Suite 101, Chipley, Florida.
The Office of the Clerk is a complex organization that performs a wide range of record keeping, information management, and financial management for the judicial system and county government.
This site is designed to keep you informed and assist you in conducting your business with the Clerk’s office. Please feel free to send comments and/or suggestions here.
UPDATED LOBBY INFORMATION
ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE COURTHOUSE ARE SUBJECT TO A HEALTH AND SAFETY SCREENING. THIS INCLUDES A TEMPERATURE SCAN AND LIMITED INQUIRIES REGARDING POTENTIAL RESPIRATORY ILLNESS.
IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, PLEASE INFORM SECURITY:
Do you have any of the following symptoms (excluding those due to a known medical reason)?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Are you currently awaiting the results of a test to determine if you have COVID-19?
Are you under instruction to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19?
Have you had close contact with someone with a COVID-19 diagnosis or who is awaiting test results for COVID-19?
Have you traveled to an area with a notably high concentration of COVID-19 cases?
Face masks are required for everyone entering the courthouse building. Face masks shall be worn at all times throughout the courthouse building. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided at no cost.
ANY PERSON WHO:
- REFUSES SCREENING
- ANSWERS YES TO ANY OF THE HEALTH QUESTIONS
- HAS A TEMPERATURE OF 100.4 DEGREES OR HIGHER
- REFUSES TO WEAR A MASK
WILL BE DENIED ENTRY
If you are denied entry, you will need to call (850) 638-6268 within 24 hours to inform the court staff.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Court proceedings may be viewed via the link on the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida.
Court Proceedings Link
Many of our services are and will remain, available online or by telephone, preventing the need of coming into the lobby in person. For example:
- Child support payments can be made online at:
- Official records can be recorded using Simplifile or eRecording. For Simplifile, call 800-460-5657, and for eRecording, call 866-652-0111 to begin sending your recordable documents electronically.
- Civil lawsuits can be filed using the ePortal. Call 850-577-4609 for more information.
- Traffic tickets and court fines/costs can be paid by phone at 850-638-6285.
- Passport applications are not being accepted until further notice.
- Foreclosure sales have been suspended until August 1.